Coffee helps in the production of certain neurotransmitters in the brain, like serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline that boost your mood. Researchers said the study is unique in that it identifies caffeine as an antidepressant.
“Unlike previous investigations, we were able to assess association of consumption of caffeinated and non-caffeinated beverages, and we identify caffeine as the most likely candidate of any putative protective effect of coffee,” said lead study author Michel Lucas, from the Harvard School of Public Health, in a press release. The study was published in Word Journal of Biological Psychiatry.
Here are other antidepressant healing tips:
1. Exercise! : dancing, playing music and any favorite hobby that involves movement: Studies have shown that regular exercise can be as effective or better than antidepressants or psychotherapy, says Dr. Mary Caracoglia.
2. Gardening! is known for its meditative and relaxing effects. Medical News Today reports UK scientists found a helpful bacteria in soil that affects the brain in nearly the same way anti depressants do – by increasing the release of serotonin.
3. Ingesting good fats! like omega 3 have been known to produce a positive affect on brain neurotransmitters and is critical for the functionality of the nervous system.
4. Meditation! BBC News reports that meditation reduces depression by over 50%. –
(we know! … not the best source – but we gather links from all over the web)
5. Natural Vitamins!. Studies show that vitamin B-12, Folic acid, vitamin D3 and Tyrosine are fantastic vitamins that naturally fight depression. You can find them in foods like: Fish, Oysters, Beans, Nuts, Whole Grains, and Leafy Vegetables.
6. Get more sun. Light early in the morning is highly effective on altering your mood positively. Natural sunshine and using light therapy have shown they can have a positive effect as well.
7. Aromatherapy, incense and essential oils. A study (that can be found at The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology) has shown that burning resin from the Boswellia plant activates ion channels in the brain that alleviate depression.
8. Watch out what you eat. Carbohydrates, alcohol and dairy have been reported to cause your mood to plummet. List of happy foods: yams, eggs, colored fruits and veggies, soups
9. St. John’s Wort! the wild yellow flower has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years. St. John’s Wort is helpful in treating mild to moderate depression. According to two large studies, one sponsored by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
10. Get more sleep. Irritability and mood swings can often be due to lack of sleep. You need about eight hours a night but most people get less! Stay healthy naturally!
Note: You are adding acidity to your blood by ingesting caffeine. So limit coffee consumption. Maintain an alkaline blood /system with more whole foods in your diet.
Now hiring financial consultants to help families in the USA avoid bankruptcies (60%) and home foreclosures (40%) due to critical illness. 408-854-1883 ; firstname.lastname@example.org