The new book, Attention! This Book Will Make You Money: How To Use Attention-Getting Online Marketing to Increase Your Revenue, by Jim F. Kukral focuses on attention getting ideas to help bring in revenue to any business.
Mr. Kukral writes in an easy to read, easy to understand format, so if you aren’t particularly media savvy, you will understand this book and get some solid ideas from it. He keeps his chapters short, and each chapter could almost be an independent article about marketing.
The author is extremely creative. He helps the reader think outside of the box and offers suggestions to get you, your business or product noticed online and offline.
A few of his suggestions include:
- Make videos to capture people’s attention, forget about letters or emails;
- Think hard and long about your sales pitch and make sure that you have the right one;
- Try to create a brand that is memorable;
- Make sure to brand your name;
- Know your customer’s pain and try to use it to your advantage;
- Find something that will offer you reoccurring revenues;
- When writing content, use for many purposes;
- Affiliate marketing can help bring in extra revenues.
The book is laced with interviews with key marketing professionals, which I found very interesting. It actually broke up the chapters and made the book more appealing. Mr. Kukral also uses several different case studies – some that have gained a lot of publicity and some that you may have never heard of.
He says one thing that I thought was good to keep in mind when trying to monetize your online and offline presence: there are only two reasons why people come online – to either have a problem solved or to be entertained.
He also says that attention getters are much stronger and cost a lot less than traditional ads. When there is a choice, try to use something to get other people’s attention. He specifically tells the reader to “embrace your inner troublemaker and do things that you know might ruffle a few feathers…”
At the end of the book, he asks the reader if he did his job by offering a ton of ideas to put into motion. I would say after reading the book, when you put it down, you are motivated and ready to take your business to the next level.