Bay Area Lyme Foundation Hosting Benefit Music Festival in Atherton
“Hops & Harmony” Brings Together Musicians and Brewers To Rock Back In Time for Lyme. Happening this weekend.
The following was submitted for publication on behalf of the Bay Area Lyme Foundation:
The Bay Area Lyme Foundation invites the community to a fun-filled music festival, “ Hops & Harmony”, which will include several popular local bands and breweries, to raise awareness of Lyme disease locally.
Celeste Perry, on-air radio personality from Big 103.7 will emcee the event
· Dutch Uncle Band — “The Bay Area’s favorite arbiter of the best cover tunes in rock history. Join us for rockers from The Eagles, Jackson Browne, Paul McCartney, The Who, Edgar Winter and more.”
· Olive and the Dirty Martinis — “Your favorite danceable rock and R&B hits from the 60s and 70s with a few 80s tunes for good luck!”
· Dr. Sigmund’s 100% Natural Good Time Family Band — “An uplifting mix of rock, gospel, and soul, played as if it were perpetually 1971”
Why We Need To Rock Back In Time For Lyme
- Lyme disease is widespread in the Bay Area, according to a study released earlier this year – and a more recent study shows that the risk of Lyme disease is year-round too.
- One of the fastest growing infectious diseases in the United States, Lyme disease is a potentially debilitating infection caused by bacteria transmitted through the bite of an infected tick to people and pets. About 300,000 Americans are diagnosed with the disease each year.
- If caught early, most cases of Lyme disease can be treated, but it is commonly misdiagnosed due to lack of awareness and unreliable diagnostic tests. If not treated promptly, Lyme may progress to a debilitating stage becoming difficult, or impossible, to cure.
- “Hops and Harmony” will offer tick-check demonstrations and free tick kits. Stanford and UCSF scientists will be on site to answer questions.
When: September 28, 1:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Where: The Menlo Polo Club field, adjacent to Menlo Circus Club, 190 Park Lane
Admission: Free lawn seating. Bring your own picnic and blanket or purchase a catered BBQ meal for a $25 donation. Select Brewery Beers are $4, and VIP table/seating can be purchased for $100/seat donation.
About Bay Area Lyme Foundation
Bay Area Lyme Foundation is committed to making Lyme disease easy to diagnose and simple to cure. A national 501c3 non-profit organization, the Foundation collaborates with world-class scientists and institutions to accelerate medical breakthroughs for Lyme disease. It is also dedicated to providing reliable, fact-based information so that prevention and the importance of early treatment are common knowledge. For more information about Lyme disease or to get involved, visit www.bayarealyme.org or call us at 650-530-2439.
For more information about , visit www.BayAreaLyme.org