It has become a commonality in the United States for individuals suffering from sickness and pain to turn to over the counter and prescription medicines for treat various ailments. Next time you feel the need to open a bottle of ibuprofen, try a more invigorating method of managing pain provided by nature, without added chemical content. Essential oils can provide relief for many serious chronic pain sufferers through their ability to penetrate cells quickly, providing oxygen and improving circulation to inflamed joints. Be sure to talk with your doctor before you try essential oils to understand how to use them appropriately. Learn more of the pain fighting powers of essential oil:
Chronic pain can be a debilitating and frustrating condition that at times, can cause emotional or mental uneasiness, impacting our ability to heal. If pain persists for more than four to six weeks, it is important to seek consultation from an experienced medical professional. There are a number of essential oils that provide relief not only from the discomfort of chronic pain, but also the anxiety and stress that come along with it.
- Basil: Energizing and uplifting, with anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant and decongestant benefits.
- Peppermint: Cools and calms the mind with additional anti-inflammatory, gallbladder and pain relieving benefits.
- Wintergreen: Increases attentiveness with additional neck, nerve, herniated disk and carpal tunnel pain relieving benefits.
- Clove: Improves memory and assists healing with anti-aging, arthritis and rheumatism benefits.
- Lavender: Relaxes and balances the body, with anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Sandalwood: Encourages relaxation with additional antidepressant benefits.
Joint & Bone Pain:
There are many causes for joint or bone pain including natural aging, injury or trauma. This type of pain is most common in middle aged or older individuals because as you age, your body goes through changes including a decrease in bone density. While joint and bone pain typically require medical attention, there are essential oils that will assist with managing this type of pain.
- Helichrysum: Offers anti-inflammatory and nerve regenerating benefits.
- Idaho Balsam Fir: Eases sore muscles, joints, tendons and back pain.
- Spruce: Soothes arthritis, rheumatism, back pain, sciatica and bone pain.
- Palo Santo: Helps with inflammation.
It is not uncommon to experience muscle aches and pain that often go away within a few days. Muscle pain becomes a larger concern when it lingers for a longer time period and particularly when it occurs in the neck and back. In fact, 80% of Americans will experience back pain at some point in their lives making it one of the most common reasons people visit their doctor or miss work. Muscle pain includes aching, stabbing or shooting pain, and stiff or limited flexibility. If you are experiencing muscle pain, it is recommended that you be evaluated by a physician in addition to trying essential oils that may alleviate some of the discomfort.
- Roman Chamomile: Relieves stress and anxiety and offers anti-inflammatory, relaxant and detoxifying benefits.
- Majoram: Helps with aches, pains and muscular cramps.
- Rosemary: Keeps the mind alert and can help with muscle soreness.
- Thyme: Fights fatigue and can help with rheumatism.
- Vetiver: Helps with joint stiffness and muscle fatigue.
Essential oils are so effective because they by-pass the digestive system and become absorbed directly into the blood stream. With millenniums of successful use, they not only provide enticing, awakening and pleasant aromas, they help fight pain by reducing inflammation, anxiety and stress. Whether you are using essential oils for your health or your home, relieving pain is just one of the amazing powers packed into the little bottle.
How have essential oils helped you fight pain and alleviate stress or anxiety?
Contact Connie for essential oils delivered to your door at 408-854-1883 firstname.lastname@example.org
Free 30min phone chat with a sr financial advisor at Harding Financial to help you reduce income taxes using a business structure and financial strategies, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org 408-854-1883
Make 2014 and 2015 be the year to protect your wealth and secure your retirement.