What do you consider when deciding to live in a senior community? Is it the environment, cost and services/people in the community of assisted living, nursing home, memory care, care home, and caregiving service.
We believe in connecting with the larger East Bay and bay area community by supporting local causes, learning about the culture and needs of our neighborhood and supporting local merchants.
We should connect with other service oriented groups serving seniors within our community such as Emeryville Center for the Arts, The Bread Project, the Emeryville Chamber of Commerce and the Alzheimer’s Services of the East Bay.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL ASSOCIATIONS ON AGING AND ELDER CARE SERVICES
- Alzheimer’s Association – Northern California
- Administration on Aging
- National Institute on Aging (NIH)
ASSISTED LIVING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Dementia Care Australia
- Eden Alternative
- Green House Project
- Pioneer Network
- Zen Hospice Project
CAREGIVING, SUPPORT, AND INFORMATION
- Family Caregivers Online
- Alzheimer’s Services of the East Bay
- Presence Care Project
RESEARCH AND STATISTICS
- Alzheimer’s Association Disease 2012 Facts and Figures
- Retooling for an Aging America: Building the Health Care Work Force
- Adding Memory Care Services to Assisted Living a “Huge” Growing Trend
- Technology for an Aging Population
- From People to Prototypes and Products
- Health Care Reform for Seniors & Medicare
BLOGS AND NEWS
- New Old Age Blog/New York Times
- Third Age
- Huffington Post – Post 50
- Huffington Post – Marguerite Manteau-Rao’s articles
There is a newly formed Uber like company , http://www.joinhonor.com , for caregivers needing a job which pays between $15-17 per hr.
Caregivers for bay area seniors
Motherhealth is looking for investors and software application developers to develop an app similar to UBER matching seniors with caregivers. Call 408-854-1883 for 24-hr response or email@example.com for in home care or caregivers for homebound bay area seniors.