There can be as many as 30 risk factors for Alzheimer’s including: toxins from our environment (metals), over medication (Benzodiazepine, tramadol,narcotics), limited exercise, smoking, within the range of 65 to 84 , over 85 years of age, low estrogen or low testosterone, presence of inflammation as we are exposed to toxins from our environment and inside our body (gut microbiome), periodontal disease, jobs that do not require now learning, absence of social support and network, less than a high school education, sleep apnea, Parkinsons, seizures in past or present, cancer chemo and radiation, pre-diabetes or diabetes, pre-hypertension or hypertension, history of stroke, heart disease or heart attack, being obese, SAD – standard american diet, major depression, several head injuries with or without loss of consciousness, one or more than one family member with Alzheimer or Dementia.
- Your risk for Alzheimer’s goes up as you get older. For most people, it starts going up after age 65.
- Women get the disease more often than men.
- Family history. People who have a parent or sibling with Alzheimer’s are more likely to get it themselves.
- Down syndrome . It’s not clear why, but people with this disorder often get Alzheimer’s disease in their 30s and 40s.
- Head injury. Some studies have shown a link between Alzheimer’s disease and a major head injury.
- High cholesterol levels
- High blood sugar
- High blood pressure
- Lack of Exercise / Musculoskeletal Disorders (lack of Vitamin D)
- Environmental toxins (food,etc)
About one fourth of those who died at 100 years of age, had some form of memory disease similar to Alzheimer’s. Some did not show great signs as they are active in their lives and ate whole foods rich in anti-oxidants.
Our brain cells can be affected by our gut microbiome that enters thru our vagus nerve and facilitated by weakened cell walls (lacking in antioxidants, Vit C, E and D).
Eat whole foods, get sunshine and adequate sleep, learn new stuff every day and dance with the music.
Quality anti-oxidants from AGELOC family of products can be found here: