When to see a dermatologist or doctor

A new mark on your face or body (skin) appeared and when do you see a doctor.

  1. A bump or blemish appeared after waxing or around your period. Inspect what it is. Is it a zit or an ingrown hair? Apply salicylic acid.
  2. It has been there too long and it changed in size, color or has bled. See a doctor.
  3. A rash appeared and is it brownish. Discoloration sush as brown spots can indicate prediabetes. See a doctor.
  4. For an itchy red rash, use 1% hydrocortisone cream twice a day.
  5. If it is painful rash accompanied by blisters (bacterial infection, shingles), go see a doctor.
  6. Is it red with flushing and pimple-life bumpiness around the nose, it could be Rosacea.
    Sudden sun sensitivity and butterfly shape rash can indicate Lupus.
    A scaly rash on the nipples could be Paget disease of the breast.
    See a doctor.




Published by

connie dello buono

Health educator, author and enterpreneur motherhealth@gmail.com or conniedbuono@gmail.com ; cell 408-854-1883 Helping families in the bay area by providing compassionate and live-in caregivers for homebound bay area seniors. Blogs at www.clubalthea.com Currently writing a self help and self cure ebook to help transform others in their journey to wellness, Healing within, transform inside and out. This is a compilation of topics Connie answered at quora.com and posts in this site.

2 thoughts on “When to see a dermatologist or doctor

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.