|Min Age||Max Age||Gender||Healthy Volunteers|
Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Willing to provide basic demographic, medical history, and contact information
- Consent to APOE genotyping without receiving results
- Resident of the United States
- Unable to comply with GeneMatch requirements
- Self-reported diagnosis of dementia or any other objective cognitive impairment syndrome
The primary purpose of GeneMatch is to identify and characterize a large group of people who are interested in, and may be eligible to participate in, preclinical Alzheimer’s disease clinical studies and trials based on their genetic background. Participation in these research studies is voluntary.
GeneMatch will provide a cheek swab kit for collecting a genetic sample to determine which copies of the apolipoprotein E (APOE) gene a person has. GeneMatch will use the APOE test results to match enrollees to research studies they may be interested in. GeneMatch will not disclose the results of the APOE test to enrollees, but studies to which enrollees are referred may require such disclosure. All information will remain secure and confidential.
Central Contact Information: