My answer to What are the best medicines to boost the brain hormones to keep alertness and happiness?
Answer by Connie b. Dellobuono:
Basal Ganglia mediates pleasures/ecstasy and motivation/drive.
From Dr Daniel Amen’s book ‘Change your brain, change your life.
- Diaphragmatic breathing as oxygen nourishes our cells.
- Hand warming like holding hands with love ones.
- Heart rate variability training
- Supplements: magnesium, theanine from green tea, Vit B6, GABA, valerian root, holy basil, kava kava, ashwagandha, rhodiola
- Essential oils: lavender, chamomile, lemon grass
- Nutrition: eat every 3–4hrs
- ANT therapy: Replace negative thoughts with positives: focus on positive, no fortune telling, no All or Nothing thinking and do not think in words like always, never, no one, everyone, every time and everything, do not mind read, do not believe in your negative feelings and do question them, do not label, blame, be in denial
- Use self-hypnosis and guided imagery