Rheumatoid Arthritis Exercise: Isometric Chest Press
To gain strength in your chest, follow these steps:
- With your arms at chest level, press the palms of your hands together as hard as you can.
- Hold for five seconds and then rest for the same amount of time.
- Do five repetitions.
- Slowly build up to holding the press for 10 to 15 seconds at a time.
- If it makes your joints hurt, ask a trainer to show you another type of isometric chest exercise.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Exercise: Isometric Shoulder Extension
This isometric exercise will help you develop greater shoulder strength. To do it correctly, follow these steps:
- Stand with your back against a wall and your arms at your sides.
- With your elbows straight, push your arms back toward the wall.
- Hold for five seconds and then rest.
- Repeat 10 times.
- If it hurts your joints, ask a trainer to show you another isometric shoulder exercise.