Let us take a look at 12 reasons why we need to drink plenty of water.
- Staying hydrated can reduce the risk of colon and bladder cancer.
- Drinking more water can keep your mood upbeat, and make you feel less irritable.
- Staying hydrated can help keep heart attacks away.
- 75% of human muscle tissue is made of water. Dehydration can lead to electrolyte imbalance; drink plenty of water, and you will feel more energetic and perform physical activities better.
- Often when we feel hungry we are actually thirsty. Whenever you feel hungry from now on, try drinking water instead. You will find that you begin to lose weight as your appetite gets suppressed.
- Drinking plenty of water keeps the cartilage in your joints hydrated and soft – this means reduced chance of joint pain.
- Dehydration also leads to cramps and sprains; stay hydrated to keep your muscles in good working condition.
- Our digestive system needs adequate water to function properly; when there is sufficient fluid intake, bacteria and toxins are flushed out in the form of sweat and urine.
- Drinking lots of water ensures that your kidneys function properly and your urinary tract healthy and free of infections and stone formation.
- Dehydration can cause headaches and dizziness. Drink water to keep a steady head.
- Even if you eat healthy, your body needs plenty of water to transport the nutrients in the food everywhere.
- When you are properly hydrated, your skin remains soft; without water, your skin tends to become dry and stretchy, leading to itchiness, cracks and a host of other problems.
Of course, it can be a challenge to get your family members, especially young children, to drink enough water, even if you do it yourself.
There are plenty of ways to make drinking water more fun for your kids.
It is also equally important to ensure that you are drinking water that is safe and pure; if you can add minerals and/or vitamins to it, then great! So you need to consider where your drinking water comes from. Make sure you have the appropriate filtration system installed so that your family stays healthy.