As we age, we need digestive enzymes (supplements or pineapple/papaya), do a liver detox once a month, de-stress with dancing or yoga, exercise 30 min a day like walking, cross-fit (lighter weights first – I go to nc.fit in Stevens Creek Santa Clara) and find ways to incorporate whole foods in our diet.
- Family History: Hypertension
- Health complaints current and past: Stress disorder. High cholesterol.
- Diet: High carb
- Exercise: Some light
- Sleep: Horrible
To help a 50 yr old male who wanted to lose weight, I suggested the following:
- Get good sleep (search this site) and add the following supplementation at night: Calcium with magnesium Vit C, Vit K and D , melatonin and add a 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar in drinking water before going to bed.
- In the morning to drink warm water with lemon and maple syrup and one soft boiled egg for breakfast. Drinks to include: coconut water, aloe vera juice, make your own home made juice of cranberries, apples, pear, grapefruit (only when not taking meds), tea and decaf coffee (avoid coffee for a month if possible, only before exercise in the morn)
- Before noon time, exercise (30 min cross fit, walking/jogging)
- At lunchtime, avoid pork and processed foods with trans-fat (fried), and add whole foods (colored ones, lots of sulfur rich foods such as garlic, onions, yellow colored and red) in the diet of fish and veggies. Add olive oil, avocado, walnut and sesame seeds. Avoid sugar, soda, energy drinks, alcohol, caffeine and juices (not home made).
Remember that fiber-rich foods help in removing bad fats and sugar from our cells.
- At dinner time, add sweet potatoes with skin, asparagus, nuts, 3 bites of favorite not fried meat.
- Use these essential oils for mouth wash (homemade), massage or added as few drops in drinks (spearmint, peppermint, lemon grass, rosemary). Get a foot massage (includes body) in the bay area Foot Massage spa places (costs $25 for an hour). You may bring your own massage oil and add EPSOM salts in the foot soak bath.
- Suggested lab tests: whole blood panel for men, gut microbiome, DNA Exome WGS test and a physical exam with an internist and endocrinologist
- Avoid being over medicated and do check with you doctor about your meds and other info (diet, supplements,health concerns).
- Check or monitor for any symptoms such as head ache, migraine, aches and pains, skin allergies, dry mouth or skin, gum disease, eye disease and all signs and symptoms exhibited by your body (keep a note and email your doctor).
- Avoid allergy causing substances and food (cheese, milk,corn) and for more tips email COnnie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do refer Motherhealth caregivers to homebound seniors who suffered from stroke, and other health issues , 408-854-1883