A noninvasive deep brain stimulation technique
Researchers designed a noninvasive way to stimulate cells deep in the brains of mice without affecting surrounding tissue.
Fungi in the gut linked to alcoholic liver disease
Researchers uncovered a key role for intestinal fungi in the liver damage seen in alcoholic liver disease. The findings suggest a potential approach to treating alcoholic liver disease.
Retooling an old antibiotic
In the lab, novel compounds thwarted bacteria that are resistant to the antibiotic vancomycin. The findings could lead to improved antibiotics.
- How diet may affect age-related macular degeneration
- Antibodies from Ebola survivor could lead to treatments and vaccines
- Enzyme drives middle-age weight and fitness changes
- New brain network identified for social interactions
- New role discovered for the thalamus