Body Ecology’s 7 Bile Basics
- When you wake up, drink 6 oz of warm water with the juice of one lemon. …
- Eliminate even good fats and oils from your diet for a period of time. …
- Avoid sugar and processed foods. …
- Eat cultured vegetables. …
- Take LivAmend. …
- Start drinking probiotic liquids.
You may not hear much about bile, but did you know that it helps you detoxify?
Secreted by your liver and stored in your gall bladder between meals, bile is a complex fluid that :1
- Contains bile acids that are essential for your digestion and absorption of fats and fat-soluble vitamins, as well as aiding your digestion of proteins and starches.
- Regulates your intestines’ level of friendly bacteria and yeast, the good microflora that keep you healthy and strong.
- Destroys unwanted and dangerous organisms as they invade your body.
- Encourages peristaltic action in your intestines to help fecal matter move through and out of your body.
- Is a critical part of your body’s detoxification process. Your liver uses bile as a way to get rid of all kinds of waste products through the secretion of bile. Your body then eliminates both bile and waste products, helping your liver cleanse.
When these processes function appropriately, you feel great!
But if your bile just isn’t flowing like it should, then you could experience a whole host of symptoms, from mild to severe like:
- Sinus problems
- Mood swings
- Acid reflux
- Gall bladder disease
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- GERD (Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease)
That’s right, healthy bile is essential for a healthy body, so here are Body Ecology’s 5 Bile Basics to encourage healthy bile flow through your bile ducts, helping you digest your food better and naturally enhancing the detoxification of your body.
BODY ECOLOGY’S 7 BILE BASICS
Healthy bile is intricately connected to a healthy liver and a healthy gall bladder. Support the function of those organs, and you will enjoy healthier bile flow.
Want to get your bile flowing, support liver function and help your body heal?
- When you wake up, drink 6 oz of warm water with the juice of one lemon. This antiseptic drink supports a natural, daily liver cleanse.
- Eliminate even good fats and oils from your diet for a period of time. Instead, flavor your food with herbed salts and spices. Be creative! Giving your bile a break from having to break down fats at every meal helps your liver and gall bladder rest too.
- Avoid sugar and processed foods. High dietary intake of sugar and processed foods is linked to gall bladder disease. Create options for yourself that satisfy your sweet craving without the empty calories and sugar.
- Eat cultured vegetables. Packed with probiotics (good bacteria and yeast), cultured vegetables are a mainstay of the Body Ecology system and heal your body with every bite. Try some of our delicious recipes for Korean Kim Chi or make up your own!
- Eat whole foods
- Start drinking probiotic liquids. Probiotics contain healthy microflora that support your digestive health.
- Try these foods specifically to improve your bile flow:
- Grated radish (daikon) takes oil and fats from your body
- Leeks are antiseptic and help bile keep your intestines clean
- Asparagus and celery are good liver cleansers
- Carrots build your blood and encourage the secretion of bile
BRING ON THE BILE
When you focus on your bile flow, your liver, gall bladder and digestion will automatically improve. Chances are, you’ll experience better health in the rest of your body as well. Remember, your body is a finely tuned and complex system that needs every little organ and function to work properly.
Gates, Donna, “The Body Ecology Diet.”
1 Bowen, R. “Secretion of Bile and the Role of Bile Acids in Digestion,” http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/liver/bile.html
1 Bowen, R. “Secretion of Bile and the Role of Bile Acids in Digestion,”http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/liver/bile.html Gates, Donna, “The Body Ecology Diet.”
– See more at: https://bodyecology.com/articles/why_proper_bile_flow_essential_for_getting_rid_of_toxins.php#sthash.XtxBxuV3.dpuf