Coenzyme Q10 is a molecule found in mitochondria. It has a critical role in producing energy for the body. When you are taking statins meds for hypercholesterol, CQ10 is recommended. Some cosmetics for firming and toning the skin include CQ10. I take CQ10 after an intense workout. Those with chronic fatigue needs CQ10 supplementation.
By Dr Sinatra
What Are the Benefits of CoQ10?
- Improved Energy: One of the Top Benefits of CoQ10: One of the biggest benefits of CoQ10 is that it sparks energy production in every cell of your body, including your heart which is the largest energy consumer in your body. Supplementing with CoQ10 is not only important for maintaining energy for your heart, but every cell in your body. In fact, people often tell me that they have more energy after adding a good CoQ10 supplement to their routine.
- CoQ10 Facts: What You Should Know: Unfortunately, many doctors are still in the dark when it comes to the importance of CoQ10. Here are the important facts you need to know about this vital nutrient.
- An Amazing Story About the Benefits of CoQ10: I’ve long-known that CoQ10 is an extremely powerful nutrient that can make a huge difference in your heart health and overall quality of life. That point was driven home to me when I did a lecture in Florida, and was greeted by some of the very same patients I had put on CoQ10 years earlier who were still enjoying good health and vitality. So, I wanted to share that story with you.
What Is the Right CoQ10 Dosage?
- How Much CoQ10 Should You Take? One of the top questions I get is what is the right CoQ10 dosage to take. My suggested dosages depend on several factors, including your age, whether you take cholesterol lowering statin drugs, and even how often you exercise. Here’s how to determine the right dosage for you.
- Medications that Deplete CoQ10 & The CoQ10 Dosage You Need: Many people know that cholesterol lowering statin drugs deplete CoQ10, but did you know that statins aren’t the only drug that affects CoQ10? Here are the medications that can deplete your body of CoQ10 and how much CoQ10 you need to take to restore your body’s supply of this vital heart vitamin.
- To Get the Right CoQ10 Dosage You Can’t Always Trust the Label: Years ago, when I first started to put patients on CoQ10 some patients didn’t have the expected benefits. So, I sent the CoQ10 supplements they were taking out to a lab for testing, and what I found is that it contained just a fraction of the CoQ10 stated on the label. Here’s how to find a high-quality CoQ10 supplement.
- Taking the Right CoQ10 Dosage for Energy Can Keep You Feeling Young: With many people, the fatigue they chalk up to “aging” is actually a lack of CoQ10. Once people begin supplementing with this important heart vitamin, they often tell me they feel years younger. Here’s why CoQ10 can make such a huge difference in your quality of life.
- The Right DHA and CoQ10 Dosage for Healthy Blood Pressure: Did you know that DHA omega-3s and CoQ10 are among my top recommended heart vitamins for supporting healthy blood pressure? Here’s why, along with the DHA and CoQ10 dosages I recommend for healthy blood pressure.
Ubiquinone or Ubiquinol: Which Is The Best Form of CoQ10?
- What Is the Best Form of CoQ10 to Take? There are two forms of CoQ10, ubiquinone and ubiquinol. Many manufacturers would like you to believe that ubiquinol is best, since that’s the form of CoQ10 your body makes naturally. But while all CoQ10 is good, I actually recommend the ubiquinone form of CoQ10. Here’s why.
- New Clinical Study Shows an Average 55% Lift in CoQ10 Blood Levels, When Taken with the Right Nutrients: With CoQ10 supplements, you will often hear about bioavailability and absorption. Absorption is the number you want to pay close attention to since it’s the measure that shows you how well a supplement may raise your blood levels of CoQ10.
The Important Benefits of CoQ10 with Statin Medications
- What CoQ10 Dosage Should You Take with Your Cholesterol Medication? Cholesterol lowering statin drugs block the production of CoQ10 in your body. So, if you’re on statins it’s critical to supplement with CoQ10. Here’s the dosage I recommend for anyone taking a cholesterol lowering medication.
- How CoQ10 Can Help to Undo the Side Effects of Statin Drugs: Cholesterol lowering statin drugs can deplete your body of CoQ10. Here’s how supplementing with CoQ10, as well as other important heart vitamins, can help to promote good health after taking a statin medication.
CoQ10 & “The Awesome Foursome” Heart Vitamins
- Metabolic Cardiology: How CoQ10 Helps to Restore Heart Health: CoQ10 is one of four heart vitamins I refer to as the “Awesome Foursome” for their health-supporting power. Here’s what those nutrients are, and how they work together to promote heart health.