Worker’s compensation and fingerprinting for home care services such as caregivers are required for senior facilities such as care homes, nursing homes and assisted living facilities.

When you are unable to pay for your home care service, the Department of Social Services can help you with IHHS , In-Home Supportive Services.

When you own some properties, it is best to seek help with an estate planner to save and protect your house and other properties for your children and family. Email to be referred to an estate planner in the bay area.

At Motherhealth, we pay our caregivers more and share the profit with them. We wanted to take care of our caregivers and clients at the same time.

card motherhealth


Division 4. Workers’ Compensation and Insurance

Division 4 (Sections 3200 to 6002) regulates worker’s compensation for employees of private employers who are injured while on the job, as well as worker’s compensation insurance. The interpretation of the sections in Division 4 has been heavily litigated between employers and employees, and thus, there is a substantial body of case law interpreting this Division.

Pursuant to the procedures set forth in Part 4 of Division 4, California workers’ compensation disputes are heard before the Workers Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB), which inherited the adjudicatory functions of the Industrial Accidents Commission. The IAC as originally created was far too small to hear all disputes directly, so it appointed referees who actually conducted hearings in its name, and then the IAC limited itself to hearing appeals from the decisions of those referees. Similarly, the WCAB today appoints workers’ compensation judges who conduct hearings in its name in the hearing offices operated by the Division of Workers Compensation of the Department of Industrial Relations. The final orders of the workers’ compensation judges by default become acts of the WCAB itself, unless a worker files a “petition for reconsideration” (in other words, appealing to the Board to reconsider the decision of the judge who acted on its behalf).


LiveScan Fingerprinting Service


The Sheriff’s Office conducts Livescan services at several locations throughout the county.

All appointments must be booked onlineNO WALK-IN’S

LiveScan Fingerprinting is available at the following locations:

  • Santa Clara County Sheriff Office
    55 West Younger Avenue
    San Jose, CA 95110
    Open Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
    Phone: (408) 808-4760
    Payment:  Cash or Check ONLY
  • Santa Clara County Sheriff Office West Valley Station
    1601 S. De Anza Boulevard Cupertino, CA 95014
    Open Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
    Phone: (408) 868-6614
    Payment:  Cash or Check ONLY
  • Santa Clara County Sheriff Office South County Substation
    80 Highland Avenue, Bldg K
    San Martin, CA 95046
    Open Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
    Phone: (408) 686-3651
    Payment:  Cash or Check ONLY
  • Stanford University Department of Public Safety
    711 Serra Street Stanford, CA 94305
    7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
    Phone: (650) 725-2499
    Payment:  Cash or Check ONLY

Fingerprinting Process Information


In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)

In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) provides personal care and domestic services to persons who are aged, blind or disabled and who live in their own homes. IHSS is provided to those who otherwise might be placed in an out-of-home care facility but who can safely remain in their own home if IHSS services are received.

Regional centers have a mandate not only to serve persons with developmental disabilities, but to provide services in the most cost-effective manner possible. They are required by the Lanterman Act to use all other sources of funding and services before using regional center funds to provide services. Persons who receive services from a regional center and are eligible for IHSS are expected to use IHSS services available to them.

The In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program is administered by each county with oversight by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS). For application and eligibility information contact your local county welfare department, adult services section. Look for them in the county government section of your local telephone directory.



For additional information about IHSS services for persons receiving services through a regional center, contact your local regional center or supported living agency.