Webinar: Advance Planning for People with Dementia: Legal Services Voucher Program in Delaware and New Consumer Planning Guides
Webinar takes place Tuesday, August 8 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET
The Advance Planning for People with Dementia: Legal Services Voucher Program in Delaware and New Consumer Planning Guides webinar will focus on how the Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities (DSAAPD) developed the legal services voucher program, as well as the legal training seminar for Delaware’s attorneys that took place before program roll-out. A new series of consumer guides, developed by the National Alzheimer’s and Dementia Resource Center, will also be reviewed. These guides cover advance-planning topics and are designed specifically for people with dementia.
This webinar takes place Tuesday, August 8 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET. Click here to register.
Webinar participants will be able to:
- Identify four levels in the spectrum of legal capacity
- List major legal issues that come up in advanced planning and end-of-life decision-making options
- Identify the purpose and importance of a legal services voucher program
- Identify steps to develop a dementia specific legal training
- Julie P. Miller and Patricia Justice from the Delaware Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities
- Stephanie Hughes, Research Triangle International’s National Alzheimer’s and Dementia Resource Center
Legal services are an unmet need among people with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia (ADRD) and their caregivers. Because of this, DSAAPD has broadened the scope of legal services offered in the state of Delaware to include a program tailored to meet these needs and provide fast-track access for the ADRD population.
Visit DSAAPD for more information.
Connie’s comments: I can refer you to estate planners in the bay area . Email firstname.lastname@example.org .
My terminally ill client forgot to prepare legal documents to gift her house to her son who lives in Chicago. We were able to find legal help before she died. All is well but not my other client who died before a living will was signed to change and to add his girlfriend of more than 5 years.