Office of Clinical Preventive Medicine in California Links
- Adolescent Health Working Group (AHWG)
- American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM) Homepage
- American Teachers of Preventive Medicine (ACPM) Homepage
- American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Homepage
- CDC Heart Disease
- Food Stamp Nutrition Connection Resource Finder
- Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
- Guide to Community Preventive Services
- Healthy People 2010
- Healthy People 2010 Toolkit
- Institute of Medicine Homepage
- NHBLI: Cholesterol Interactive Site
- NHBLI: Clinical Guidelines on the Evaluation & Treatment of Obesity
- NHBLI: Aim For a Healthy Weight
- Put Prevention Into Practice: Agency for Health Care Research and Quality
Connie’s comments: We need to be resourceful in finding ways to prevent disease and take care of our health from finding health information about our blood, anti-oxidant level, genes, risks for Alzheimer’s based on lifestyle,food and other factors and other assessment guide that we can use early on to protect us from chronic diseases.
Email email@example.com of health tools that you believe helped you prevent a disease.
The above list are links to resources listed in the California Health Care Services department Office of Clinical Preventive Medicine.
The main site lists the following projects: