Risk factors for heart disease linked to dementia
A large, long-term study showed that certain heart disease risk factors in midlife—diabetes, elevated blood pressure, and smoking cigarettes—are associated with an increased risk for dementia.
Water changes mark Parkinson’s disease progression
Scientists developed a new way to detect brain changes caused by Parkinson’s disease. The technique may be useful for assessing the effects of potential treatments.
Brain cells that influence aging
Researchers discovered stem cells in the brain that influence how quickly mice age. The findings suggest new approaches to age-related diseases and lengthening lifespan.
- Immune response linked to Parkinson’s disease
- How diet may affect age-related macular degeneration
- Where toddlers look is affected by genes and altered in autism
- Contrast agent helps surgeons spot cancerous lung nodules
- Microneedle patch for flu vaccine