Residential care options for Alzheimer’s

As Alzheimer’s disease progresses, you may no longer be able to care for the person at home. When that happens, you may want to look for a long-term care facility for the person.

Residential care options

Continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs)—a home, apartment, or room in a retirement community where people with Alzheimer’s can live and get care. Residents may move from one level of care to another—for example, from independent living to more supervised care.
Assisted living facilities—a facility with rooms or apartments for people who may need some help with daily tasks. Some assisted living facilities have special Alzheimer’s units.
Group homes—a home where several people who can’t care for themselves and two or more staff members live. At least one caregiver is on site at all times.

Nursing homes—a place for people who can’t care for themselves anymore. Some nursing homes have special Alzheimer’s disease care units.

Your own house

Your own house with hospital bed, pole (connected from floor to ceiling) to hang on to when transferring from bed to wheelchair and senior safe your  house with guide rails and other measures. And employ a private caregiver or home helper.



Leave a Reply