I would like to prepare soup of yellow colored ones and just a small amount of greens since the patient is also taking blood thinners (avoid so much consumption of greens). Basic foods must include ginger, onion, turmeric, garlic and lemon.
As her caregiver, I will include massage of eucalyptus oil, rosemary, lemon grass and coconut oil. Inflammation or infection can be root cause of stroke so apple cider vinegar with its anti-microbial properties can help and also help in the absorption of nutrients from whole foods. Do make pickled carrots using apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar and lemon help in absorption of nutrients from foods.
Based on the history of knee surgery and arthritis, I will ensure that my meal will include foods rich in magnesium and sulfur cleansing rich foods (yellow colored such as yams,squash) to prevent recurrence of stroke:
Hemp Seeds (50%), Flax (28%), Sesame (25%), Chia (24%), and Sunflower Seeds (9%).
Pollock (18%), Turbot (14%), Tuna (14%), and Cod (9%)
White Beans (28%), French Beans (25%), Black-eyed Peas (23%), Kidney Beans (21%), Chickpeas (Garbanzo) (20%), Lentils (18%), and Pinto Beans (16%).
- Whole grains:
- Quinoa (30%), Millet (19%), Bulgur (15%), Buckwheat (13%), Wild Rice (13%), Whole Wheat Pasta (11%), Barley (9%), and Oats (7%)
- Almonds are nutrient-dense and full of healthy fats and protein. Their high fiber content helps regulate blood sugar and reduces hunger, making it a great snack for those looking to manage their weight. Better yet, just one ounce of almonds contains 80mg of magnesium!
- Spinach is packed with magnesium, providing 157mg in a single cup. Additionally, this leafy green has many other vitamins and minerals that help optimize magnesium absorption.
- Pumpkin seeds contain a whopping 184mg of magnesium in just ¼ cup! That’s approximately half recommended daily allowance (RDA).
- Avocados contain 58mg of magnesium in a single fruit. Healthy fats present in avocados are great for heart and brain health and actually contain more potassium than bananas!
- Cultured yogurt contains 30mg of magnesium per cup and is a superb source of protein. Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and probiotics, which are all also found in yogurt, make this one nutrient-rich, gut-healthy snack.
1 medium (118g) 200 calories (225g) 100g 8% DV (32mg) 15% DV (61mg) 7% DV (27mg)
Brazilnuts (27%), Cashews (18%), Pine Nuts (18%), Hazelnuts (12%), Walnuts (11%), and Pecans (9%).
- Calcium rich foods for magnesium absorption: Oranges, okra, bok choy, sardines, figs
- 85% dark chocolate
1oz square (28g) 200 calories (33g) 100g 16% DV (65mg) 19% DV (76mg) 57% DV (228mg)