Sea salt, olive oil, and tangy sour cream
- 2cups (180g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup (43g) unsweetened cocoa (regular or Dutch-process)
- 3/4cup (140g) dark brown sugar
- 3/4teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/3cup (80ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2cups (350g) ultra ripe bananas (from about 3 large bananas), mashed with a fork into a smooth puree
- 1/4cup (60g) sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (full fat is best)
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1cup (113g) coarsely chopped dark chocolate (equals a 4-ounce bar), or an equal amount of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2cup (65g) chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
This concoction is most charming when baked in a skillet, but a loaf pan works nicely, too. The recipe is flexible: substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream, use a combination of all-purpose and whole-grain flours, and add walnuts or almonds in place of the pecans (or omit the nuts entirely). If you don’t have cocoa powder in your pantry, replace it with an equal amount of flour. If you don’t have a chocolate bar to break into shards or a bag of chocolate chips, it’ll be good with just the cocoa. If you don’t have any chocolate whatsoever, then get yourself to the grocery store!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). …
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, egg, melted butter and milk.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until blended. …
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 9×13 inch pan.
Directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream margarine with sugar and eggs. Mix inbanana and vanilla. Mix flour with remaining dry ingredients. Add flour mixture to margarine mixture in 3 parts, alternately with sour milk. Begin and end with flour. Spread in 2 greased 8″ cake pans. Bake in oven about 40 minutes.
Directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine bananas, egg, melted butter and milk. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into 9×13 inch pan.
Apr 9, 2017 – This recipe starts with a boxed chocolate cake mix and once mixed, the ripe mashed bananas and chocolate chips are mixed in. If your banana peels have little brown flecks, they are ripe and ready to use! While this cake does have 3 bananas added, they don’t add a ton of banana flavor to the mixture but …
Feb 13, 2017 – I am super excited to share this Chocolate Banana Bread recipe with you today. I have been testing the recipe for a few weeks and it is finally perfection. It is probably the best banana bread in the history of all banana breads…if you like chocolate. But who doesn’t like chocolate? If you don’t, I am not sure …
Pin It. Ripe bananas sitting on the counter means it is time to bake. Often times I makebanana bread which is perfect in the mornings with yogurt and fresh fruit. But when I want a delicious and quick weekday dessert this Chocolate Banana Cake is what I turn to. Thisrecipe is one I adapted from Canadian Jane Rodmell’s …
This Chocolate Banana Cake is super moist, and has what is just the right level of sweetness to qualify as breakfast, a snack, or dessert. … The combination of chocolate and bananas kind of never fails. This cake is super moist, and … Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Easy Chocolate Fudge – 2 Minute Microwave Recipe