Grass fed beef, bone marrow with veggie soup, peanuts and chicken are some of the food sources of Vitamin B3. I take Vitamin Bs when I am under stress and these vitamins help me sleep too. Vitamin B3 is a natural product found in our blood. Will sunshine help clean our blood. There are many ways to have a healthy blood: exercise with sunshine, avoidance of alcohol, drugs and environmental toxins (metals,gas), whole foods, sleep, less stress and a positive spirit (calm not full of anxiety).
NR was first described in 1944 as a growth factor, termed Factor V, for Haemophilus influenza, a bacterium that lives in and depends on blood. Factor V, purified from blood was shown to exist in three forms: NAD+, NMN and NR. NR was the compound that led to the most rapid growth of this bacterium. Notably, H. influenza cannot grow on nicotinic acid, nicotinamide, tryptophan or aspartic acid, which were the previously known precursors of NAD+.
In 2000, yeast Sir2 was shown to be an NAD+-dependent protein lysine deacetylase, which led several groups to probe yeast NAD+ metabolism for genes and enzymes that might regulate lifespan. Biosynthesis of NAD+ in yeast was thought to flow exclusively through NAMN (nicotinic acid mononucleotide).
When NAD+ synthase (glutamine-hydrolysing) was deleted from yeast cells, NR permitted yeast cells to grow. Thus, these Dartmouth College investigators proceeded to clone yeast and human nicotinamide riboside kinases and demonstrate the conversion of NR to NMN by nicotinamide riboside kinases in vitro and in vivo. They also demonstrated that NR is a natural product, a little-noticed vitamin found in cow’s milk.
In the 2010s. dietary supplements containing NR were brought to market by ChromaDex under the brand Niagen, which also originally provided NR to Elysium Health which uses NR as a component of its product, Basis.
- Bogan, K.L., Brenner, C. (2008). “Nicotinic acid, nicotinamide, and nicotinamide riboside: a molecular evaluation of NAD+ precursor vitamins in human nutrition”. Annu. Rev. Nutr. 28: 115–130. doi:10.1146/annurev.nutr.28.061807.155443.
- Chi Y, Sauve AA (November 2013). “Nicotinamide riboside, a trace nutrient in foods, is a vitamin B3 with effects on energy metabolism and neuroprotection”. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 16 (6): 657–61. doi:10.1097/MCO.0b013e32836510c0. PMID 24071780.
- “Spherix/Chromadex GRAS submission” (PDF). March 8, 2016. See FDA GRAS index page: “GRAS Notice (GRN) No. 635”.
- “Nicotinamide Riboside”.
- Gingrich, W (1944). “Codehydrogenase I and other pyridinium compounds as V factor for Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae”. J. Bacteriol. 47: 535–550.
- Belenky, P. et. al. (2007). “NAD+ Metabolism in Health and Disease”. Trends in Biochemical Sciences. 32: 12–19. doi:10.1016/j.tibs.2006.11.006. PMID 17161604.
- Imai, S.; et al. (2000). “Transcriptional silencing and longevity protein Sir2 is an NAD-dependent histone deacetylase”. Nature. 403 (6771): 795–800.
- Panozzo, C.; et al. (2002). “Aerobic and anaerobic NAD+ metabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae”. FEBS Lett. 517: 97–102. doi:10.1016/s0014-5793(02)02585-1.
- Sandmeier; et al. (2002). “Telomeric and rDNA silencing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae are dependent on a nuclear NAD Salvage Pathway”. Genetics. 160: 877–889.
- Bitterman; et al. (2002). “Inhibition of silencing and accelerated aging by nicotinamide, a putative negative regulator of yeast Sir2 and human SIRT1”. J. Biol. Chem. 277: 45099–45107. doi:10.1074/jbc.m205670200. PMID 12297502.
- Anderson; et al. (2003). “Nicotinamide and PNC1 govern lifespan extension by calorie restriction in Saccharomyces cerevisiae”. Nature. 423: 181–185. doi:10.1038/nature01578. PMC . PMID 12736687.
- Gallo; et al. (2004). “Nicotinamide clearance by pnc1 directly regulates sir2-mediated silencing and longevity”. Mol. Cell. Biol. 24: 1301–1312. doi:10.1128/mcb.24.3.1301-1312.2004.
- Bieganowki, P. & Brenner, C. (2004). “Discoveries of Nicotinamide Riboside as a Nutrient and Conserved NRK Genes Establish a Preiss-Handler Independent Route to NAD+ in Fungi and Humans”. Cell. 117: 495–502. doi:10.1016/s0092-8674(04)00416-7. PMID 15137942.
- Hautkooper, R.H.; et al. (2012). “Sirtuins as regulators of metabolism and healthspan”. Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 13: 225–238. doi:10.1038/nrm3293.
- Zhang, Sarah (July 6, 2016). “The weird business behind a trendy “anti-aging” pill”. Wired.
This article covers the benefits of vitamin B3 in the fight against cancer, Alzheimers, diabetes, cholesterol and dementia.
Discover how Vitamin B3 Niacin + Vitamin C is used to increase cancer survival. … of NA (niacin). Importantly, all of these differences occurred in the leukemias, especially the nonlymphocytic leukemiafraction with incidences of 36%, 17%, and 11% in ND (niacin deficient), PF (control), and NA (niacin) rats, respectively.
Niacin or vitamin B3 is a water-soluble vitamin used by the body to form the nicotinamide coenzyme, NAD+. The term ‘niacin’ ….. Conversely, a pharmacologic dose of either nicotinic acid or nicotinamide was able to increase NAD and poly ADP-ribose in bone marrow and decrease the development ofleukemia in rats (52).
Jul 25, 2010 – Nicotinamide (pyridine-3-carboxamide; Figure 1(a) is an amide active form of Vitamin B3or niacin (pyridine-3-carboxylic acid; Figure 1(b). …. lesions, chromosomal aberrations , and secondary cancer, particularly leukemia, which complicates chemotherapy in 10%–15% of cancer survivals .
Jan 25, 2017 – Dr Abram Hoffer, department head of psychiatry at Regina General Hospital in Canada, starting using niacin (vitamin B3) to treat psychiatric patients, … Importantly, all of these differences occurred in the leukemias, especially the nonlymphocytic leukemia fraction with incidences of 36%, 17%, and 11% in …
Thus, cellular energy metabolism is substantially mediated by vitamin B3-derived cofactors, and a large fraction of anabolic and catabolic pathways ….. B3 deficiency also results in reduced latency toleukemia in animals treated with ethylnitrosourea, which is used as a model for secondary carcinogenesis arising from …
Jun 13, 2010 – Nicotinamide (pyridine-3-carboxamide; Figure 1(a) is an amide active form of Vitamin B3or niacin (pyridine-3-carboxylic acid; Figure 1(b). …. evidence comes from studies in rats, which showed that niacin deficiency significantly increases the risk of chemotherapeutic-induced secondary leukemia.
Jun 22, 2015 – University of Guelph researchers in the Department of Human Health and Nutrition are studying the role of niacin (or vitamin B3) in tumour cells when used in conjunction with traditional … Once their treatment ended and they were fed a normal diet, many of the rats developed secondaryleukemia.
A nutrient in the vitamin B complex that the body needs in small amounts to function and stay healthy.Vitamin B3 helps some enzymes work properly and helps skin, nerves, and the digestive tract stay healthy.
Feb 16, 2016 – Leukemia, or cancer of the blood cells, accounted for more than 350,000 of the new cases of cancer worldwide in 2012, with some 54,000 instances of those being in the United States. Scientists are still unsure of the exact causes of the disease, although a variety of genetic and environmental factors are …
Mar 20, 2016 – By Marc Sorenson, EdD Sunlight Institute… Leukemia is a cancer of the bone marrow that prevents the normal manufacture of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. It can lead to infection, impaired blood clotting and anemia. The good news is that embracing the sun may have a profoundly …
Jan 6, 2016 – The research looked at leukemia rates in 172 countries and found that living closer to the equator (and assumed to have higher levels of vitamin D due to sunlight exposure) is linked to lower levels of leukemia. By far the best source of vitamin D is sunshine (and not food). From Medical Xpress:.
Jan 20, 2016 – Leukemia is a cancer that falls into a category of “if is caught on time”, it really should be ok. One way of possibly preventing cancer is sunlight, Vit D.
Aug 25, 2017 – CATHY Murdoch somehow remains calm, as she speaks about the latest devastating setback her son, Coast schoolboy Micah, has suffered in his second fight against leukemia. His body has been paralysed down one side, swelling in his brain affecting his temporal lobe. He is not the same little boy she …
Aug 23, 2017 – AN APPLE a day may keep the doctor away and a glass of juice could keep you from landing in a cancer ward. Research on mice has linked vitamin C deficiency to leukemia. Two new studies published in the science journals Cell and Nature have figured out how such a deficiency damages the body’s …
Feb 2, 2017 – “Are you trying to say I have leukemia?,” Emily Hines asked her doctors at Children’s Hospital of New Orleans on April 7, 2016, after undergoing 12 hours of testing and countless medical appointments. The doctors said yes, that they were 98 to 99 percent sure that she had cancer. It was then, as Hines put …
Leukemia Has anyone dealt with a client that was long distance (in other words, can’t muscle test them), with acute leukemia? 60 years old, on Prilosec, Tegritol and Norpace for 8-15 years. Been taking Red Rice (NSP of course) for cholesterol) instead of Rx drug. Does well on Red Rice – but all of a sudden Acute leukemia.