CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
I LOVE cream of asparagus soup, it’s pure comfort in a bowl and so simple to make. This recipe is made with just 5 ingredients, not counting salt and pepper and is ready under 25 minutes!
My senior client loves it too and helps him with his lung cancer and constipation.
Connie of Motherhealth caregivers 408-854-1883
- 2 lbs asparagus (2 bunches), tough ends snapped off
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp low fat sour cream
- kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Melt butter over low heat in a large pot. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 2-minutes.
- Cut the asparagus in half and add to the pot along with chicken broth and black pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil, cover and cook low about 20 minutes or until asparagus is very tender.
- Remove from heat, add sour cream and using your hand held blender, puree until smooth (or in two batches in a large blender).
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 1
- Points +: 2
- Calories: 81 calories
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Sodium: 576mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 6g
Read more at https://www.skinnytaste.com/cream-of-asparagus-soup-2/#QvWG3MWxVODuSWyJ.99
Cream of asparagus soup
Directions. In a large saucepan, combine asparagus, chopped onion, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper. Put the sour cream in a small bowl, and stir in a ladleful of the hot soup.
Mar 7, 2018 – Melt butter over low heat in a large pot. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 2-minutes. Cut the asparagus in half and add to the pot along with chicken broth and black pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil, cover and cook low about 20 minutes or until asparagus is very tender.
Directions. Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; season with 2 teaspoons salt. Add asparagus tips and blanch until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. In another saucepan, heat olive oil over medium. Add sliced shallot and chopped garlic and cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes.
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20 g||30%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 5 g|
|Cholesterol 54 mg||18%|
|Sodium 2,528 mg||105%|
|Potassium 873 mg||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40 g||13%|
|Dietary fiber 1.8 g||7%|
|Protein 15 g||30%|
|Vitamin A||29%||Vitamin C||16%|
|Vitamin B-6||10%||Vitamin B-12||20%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|