- We clean our gut microbes and take in more whole foods rich in vitamins D sunshine, E , C (citrus) and A, all important for healthy skin. Fibromyalgia in women is associated with alteration in gut microbiome.
- Newborns have stronger immune system promoted by breastmilk , massage and loving care.
- There are cleansing herbs such as ginger, turmeric, and the sulfur family like asparagus, garlic and onions.
- Adequate sleep helps us detox.
- Take care of your liver by avoiding alcohol and over medicating.
- Avoidance of environmental toxins which can lead to interstitial lung disease (ILD):
There are also dozens of known causes of ILD, including:
- Autoimmune diseases (in which the immune system attacks the body) such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, sarcoidosis, and scleroderma
- Lung inflammation due to breathing in a foreign substance such as certain types of dust, fungus, or mold (hypersensitivity pneumonitis)
- Medicines (such as nitrofurantoin, sulfonamides, bleomycin, amiodarone, methotrexate, gold, infliximab, and etanercept)
- Radiation treatment to the chest
- Working with or around asbestos, coal dust, cotton dust, and silica dust (called occupational lung disease)