2 tablespoons coconut oil (used for cooking spinach and the final dish)
1 pound spinach (sliced in 1 inch length, cooked separately in medium heat)
1 onion (diced thinly, cooked separately until light brown)
1 clove garlic
1 cup coconut milk (boil separately)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
juice of 2 lemons
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Freshly ground pepper
5 large eggs
Pinch cayenne pepper
Pinch of turmeric powder
Pinch of ginger powder
Saute garlic, add cooked onions, pour boiled coconut milk, add mustard, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, nutmeg, salt and pepper. When the mixture thinkens slightly, add spinach and then top the mix with eggs (breaking them on top). Cook in low heat (15 min), sprinkle the rest of spices and serve.
Other variations of the above recipe:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 small red onion–peeled, halved and thinly sliced.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced.
- One ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced.
- 8 cups spinach.
- 1 cup coconut milk.
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- ½ teaspoon curry powder.
Martha’s Omani-inspired creamed spinach spices things up with coconut milk, fresh ginger, cumin, and a touch of jalapeno.
Bitter spinach, sweet coconut milk, and yellow curry, combine to create a winning dish! Garnish with fruit or nuts to add another flavor or texture dimension.
And another way:
- Two 10-ounce bags spinach, thick stems discarded, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thickly sliced
- 2 medium shallots, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced
- One 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk, stirred
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Share your no-bake Keto or other healthy recipe here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org