29 Senior Discounts You Did Not Know About
Senior Discounts are one of the few truly great perks that come with getting older. You have paid full price your whole life, you deserve a discount! Tons of companies offer special deals, just for those of a certain age. With some companies, you’ll need to be 50, while others start offering their discounts at age 55, 60 or 65.
A little digging online will yield some great results. You will be surprised, how much you can save by simply asking “Do you offer any Senior Discounts?”. We have put together a great list of the best senior discounts, freebies and savings there is to offer. This can range from getting a discount on your groceries, to discounts on going to the movies to everyday costs at the grocery store. Make sure to read through to the end, as there are many you probably didn’t know about!
As always, if you know anyone that could benefit from these savings, share with them using the buttons below.
1. Claim Your Free Home Security System For Just The Cost Of Installation.
2. Save An Average Of $3252 /Year Off Your Mortgage With The New Government “Enhanced Relief” Program
3. Discount On Eating Out
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Whataburger: free drink with purchase of a meal, depending on location (55+)
- Wendy’s: give free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- Piccadilly Cafeteria: 10% discount with “Prime Time for Seniors” card
- IHOP: 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Krispy Kreme: 10% off (50+) (age and discount varies depending on location)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location Reported By Our Reader
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: Spaghetti Factory “Senior Menu” offers discounted list of menu items
- Uno Pizzaria & Grill: “Double Nickel Club” 25% off on Wednesday (55+)
- Sizzler: Offers “Honored Guest Menu” (60+) varies by location
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- Friendly’s Restaurants: 10% off meal w/ free coffee at breakfast or free small sunday during non-breakfast hours
- Fazoli’s: Join “Club 62” for special senior menu items (62+)
- KFC: free small drink with any meal depending on location (55+)
- Country Kitchen: Great Senior Menu (55+)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
- Golden Corral and Del Taco: Automatically 10% discount. — reproted by our reader: James OBrien
4. Get A Walk-In Bathtub At A Big Discount
5. Save Up To 70% On Life Insurance
6. Saving Thousands On Your Car Insurance
7. Bathroom Remodels In 1 Day – Skip The Mess & Hassle – Get A Free Quote And Save Thousands
8. Stop Paying For Covered Home Appliance Repairs
9. Help Protect Your IRA Or 401(K) By Learning How To Invest In Physical Gold (Free Investors Guide)
10. Owe More Than 10k In Tax Debt? Read This Now!
11. Have The IRS Reduce Your Tax Debt If You Are Veterans
12. Health Insurance Savings
13. Find Sophisticated 50+ Singles In Your Area – Register For Free
14. Go Shopping
- Bealls Outlet Senior Discounts: 15% off every Tuesday 50+
- Belk: 15% off first Tuesday of every month 62+
- Bon-Ton Department Stores: 15% off on senior discount days; 20% if you use the store’s proprietary credit card 55+
- C.J. Banks/Christopher Banks: 10% off every Wednesday 60+
- Clarks: 10% off 62+
- Dressbarn: 10% off Tues and/or Wed call ahead-varies by location – 55+
- Goodwill: 10% – 20% off one day a week date varies by location – 55+
- Hallmark: 10% off one day a week date varies by location; age may vary depending on the product
- iParty: 10% senior discount every day; ask for discount as soon as you get to the checker
- Kohl’s: 15% off on Wednesdays 60+
- Michael’s: 10% off every day with AARP card – 55+
- Modell’s Sporting Goods: 10% off every day 65+
- Ross Stores: 10% off every Tuesday 55+
- The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: Up to 50% off , days vary 55+
- SteinMart: 20% off red dot/clearance items first Monday of every month 55+
- TJ Maxx Senior: 10% on Mondays FLORIDA only at this time – 55+
- Walgreens: 20% off once a month, “Balance Rewards” card required. 65+ and AARP
15. Negotiate Your Current Debt Down To Save Money
16. Get Government Rebates To Go Solar And Cut Your Energy Bill
17. Discounts On Prescriptions
- AARP: With the AARP Prescription Discount Card, members can typically save on average 61% on FDA-approved generic, brand name and speciality drugs.
- Rite Aid: Sign up for the Rite Aid RX Savings program. Save 20% on thousands of brand-name and generic prescription drugs. See store for more details.
- Costco Member Prescription Program: Costco has a prescription savings program for you and your family. It allows Costco members, who have no prescription drug insurance or whose insurance does not cover all of their prescription medications to save up to 80%
- CVS Pharmacy: Enroll in CVS Extra Care Saving and Rewards program. You will receive “ExtraSavings” through personalized coupons delivered on reciepts, and online. They also offer 2% cash back in ExtraBucks Rewards
- Walgreens: For the membership fee of $20 individual or $35 family, you can get special discounts off the cash price of thousands of brand-name and generic medications. Additionaly, If you don’t save at least the cost of your membership fee, they will refund you the difference.
- Walmart Pharmacy: Walmart pharmacies offer low-cost generic prescriptions that can save you money. Their normally low price, usually beats out alot of their competitiors!
18. FREE Membership To Senior Discount
19. Stop Paying For Expensive Auto Repairs
20. Seniors Who Own Their Home Can Save On Window Replacements
21. Save On Groceries
- Farm Fresh: 5% discount Tuesdays and Thursdays (55+)
- American Discount Stores 10% Off Every Monday 62+
- Bi-Lo: 5% Off Every Wednesday 60+
- Hy-Vee: depending on location will usually offer 5% discount on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (some stores set age to 65+)
- Fred Meyer: 10% senior discount on the first Tuesday of every month
- New Seasons Market: 10% discount every Wednesday
- Compare Food Supermarket: 10% discount in participating locations, get in touch with your local store to find out more
- Piggly Wiggly: varying discounts at participating locations
- Publix: 5% Off Every Wednesday In Certain States. Always Ask! –reported by our reader:Alice Galloway
- Fry’s Food: 10% discount on the first Wednesday of every month to all seniors with VIP card.