How to protect or prevent yourself and family from getting any virus
- wash hands with water and hydrogen peroxide
- consume vitamin C and zinc rich whole foods
- get adequate sleep
- aim for less stress
- aim for less worry
- exercise more
How to prepare your family with coronavirus:
- Meet with household members, relatives and friends to discuss what should be done if a pandemic occurs and what the needs of each person will be.
- Discuss ways to care for those at greater risk for serious complications, if the services they rely on aren’t available.If your neighborhood has a website or social media page, consider joining it to stay connected to neighbors, information, and resources.
- Identify organizations in your community that can offer assistance. Consider including organizations that provide mental health or counseling services, food, and other supplies.
- Create an emergency contact list. Include emergency contacts for family, friends, neighbors, carpool drivers, health care providers, teachers, employers, the local public health department, and other community resources.
- Plan to have extra supplies of important items on hand, such as soap, hand sanitizer, tissues and disposable face masks, which are already in short supply.
- Choose a room in your home that can be used to separate sick household members from those who are healthy. If possible, also choose a bathroom for the sick person to use. Plan to clean these rooms daily.
- Prepare for possible school closures, identifying alternative childcare.