Has an online love interest asked you for money? | FTC …
- Give authentic care and love.
- Start as a caring friend with empathy.
- Give something of value, like your time.
- Spend time dancing, communing with nature and accompany that friend who needs her/his heart repaired by your listening ears.
- Give something of value to yourself or others, like a massage, time to walk in nature, do some activities or relaxation.
- Discover nature and other beautiful places to enrich your senses in music, art and community
- Give love to receive love.
- Make prolonged eye contact to communicate your desire for intimacy. Look at the left eye, the side for emotion.
- Find ways to break the touch-barrier to make physical contact. Hold hands, massage of back of head, etc.
- Get the other person laughing and keep the conversation light. Laughing is the way to a woman’s emotion.
- Give a genuine compliment to endear the other person to you. With eye contact again.
- Focus on the other person instead of on yourself to flatter them. Pay attention to him/her. Give him importance.
One of the obvious positive aspects of online dating is it provides a practically unlimited supply of prospective partners.
Not only this, it is possible to fine-tune the search for your ideal candidate based on a variety of parameters such as gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle or hobbies, and interests.
This allows people to be far more discerning when it comes to deciding whom to make contact with.
The other side to these attributes is the sheer number of possible candidates can become somewhat overwhelming. If you have no clear idea about the type of person you are seeking, you can end up spending a lot of time endlessly browsing through profiles before actually fixating on one individual.
This will make it far more difficult to embark on a positive relationship, especially with online dating in the 21st century. So what are the other pros and cons to be aware of?
A lot of free dating websites are geared towards matching people with compatible partners based on pre-determined criteria.
In order to achieve these matches, they invite clients to undergo personality tests. For the most part, these activities comprise fairly standard web forms users are invited to complete.
These will contain a list of likes and dislikes that will enable the website administrators to ensure a client is only paired-up with someone who is searching for the same sort of things as they are.
This is certainly one way of cutting down on the amount of time wasted on chasing unsuitable partners.
Where matching is concerned, the cons are chiefly focused on the fact that this is a laborious and often difficult process.
Personality testing can never present a 100% accurate picture of any subject. It is only natural for people answering a series of standard questions to come out with fairly stereotypical answers.
It, therefore, becomes difficult to gain an accurate picture as they may well be holding certain character traits back. Only by meeting someone face-to-face, or at least exchanging regular messages, does a true picture of someone’s character begin to emerge.
Convenience of Communication
One of the most positive aspects of online dating is its sheer convenience when it comes to communication.
Dating sites offer a variety of ways where people can get to know one another before they actually meet in person. This allows for a safe and relaxed interaction that will never encroach too much on anyone’s time.
This aspect of virtual dating is particularly attractive for busy professionals who are compelled to work their social lives around their complicated everyday commitments.
The safety conscious aspect is also very attractive, especially to people who are relatively new to Internet dating and may still be slightly concerned about giving too much away to people who are relative strangers.
The cons? Communication through computer screens is somewhat soulless compared to the face-to-face version. This makes it so much harder to evaluate the personality of whomever you are talking to.
In conclusion, the main pros connected with online dating are centered on its sheer convenience. But at the end of the day, the activity is all about bringing people together in the longer-term.
By all means, use the impressive power these platforms offer to get to know a variety of potential partners. Use the communication tools and chat rooms to connect with interesting people with a view to forging meaningful relationships.
But the ultimate aim of any dating site is to instigate actual dating. This would be worth keeping this in mind, otherwise, you could end up with a virtual pen pal, without ever making plans to stretch your acquaintance beyond that.