In a bigger community – assisted living facility, a home care or personal aide shall perform the following duties.
- Provides direct and indirect client care elements to clients under the direction of a case manager.
- Uses appropriate and safe techniques in personal hygiene.
- Adheres to plan of care for home health aide or personal aide.
- Observe, report and document client status
- Maintain a clean safe environment.
- Assure adequate nutrition and fluid intake.
- Recognizes emergencies and knows protocols.
- Safely transfer and ambulate client.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Help maintain the client’s physical and mental well being.
- Assist the family to care for their family member and at times relieving the family of such care.
- Encouraging the family to try new ways to provide care and support by using techniques that help the individual achieve the maximum possible level of physical, mental, emotional and social well being.
- Attends in-services or training as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
For caregivers serving clients in their homes instead of a larger nursing or assisted living facilities, light housekeeping is included and other tasks such as cooking, shopping, driving, laundry, and ensuring the environment is safe and care is coordinated with pharmacists and other health care professionals for medical appointment and client’s well being maintenance.
Important skill sets: Learn CPR, First Aid, nursing care for bedridden clients, grooming, medication management, and other caregiving tips. Always have a heart when performing your job, as your smile and happy disposition helps ease anxiety from clients.
At Motherhealth, our caregivers are trained to give healing massage to our older adult/senior clients. And always be sensitive to the regular routine of the clients and their needs.
Salary varies depending on level of care and ability to pay, salary range from $15 to $25 per hr. Client fee also varies from $20 to $32 per hr.
Live in fees for clients depends on level of care. It starts from $250 to $350 per 24hr care.
Motherhealth is hiring caregivers, personal aide, home care aide and CNA. Text/call 408-8541883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org of your availability.
Training is offered. Get certified by Motherhealth to be a caregiver. Email or text your contact info.